Thread: jeep T-5 five speed swap?

Default jeep T-5 five speed swap?

Does a C-J7 T-5 transmission swap onto the 300td engine? I am doing more freeway driving and I'd like to get less noise and better mileage than I'm getting with the stock four speed.

I don't think so. It might be possible to adapt it to the bell housing with the right inpug shaft, though. Stock T19 has easy-to-adapt bolt hole pattern from bell housing to transmission. Also might be possible to put in NV4500. I hear that has been done, too.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

I don't think that is possible

Anything is possible!! But is it practicle? Most of these 'conversions' are simply harder or more complicated than most want to deal with.....

That said, I have a lot of book marks and info on trying to use different trans. If you want, I can try to share some of that info! Give me some ideas of what you have and what you want to do. I'd be glad to share what I know and what I have.... (I'm currently trying to put a '90 Cummins 12V diesel in my '73 Travelette Cab with a 6 spd NV5600 trans.... Oh boy, the fun . . . LOL )
    '06 Ram Cummins 3500 4x4 with all but 4 options. It has a few added on goodies and everything is 'Mega' sized!
    '73 1210 Travellete Cab: 392 is out of there and the Cummins 12V is lowering in there as you read this (I hope!)
    '76 Scout needing some work so it can be on the road also!