Thread: 4" lift - drive shaft problems?

Default 4" lift - drive shaft problems?

I would like to put a 4" life on my 1980 scout II. It's still going to be a spring under axle so are there going to be any problems with drive shaft length front or rear with length? It just a daily driver on road and some off road nothing too rough.
    thanks,
    Michael

Neither of the axles will be too short for daily driving on a 4 inch lift. Your rear will handle it just fine, but the front won't be able to allow for much travel in off-road situations. As a driver though you'll be fine.

I realize that I am not a rock crawler, however, for a woods rig the front has plenty of articulation of for me.

I like the simplicity of the SUA install. I have seen some other rigs with spring over and actually like the look (cleanliness) better.

There is a SOA here locally running 35's. I am running 31's and can't make contact anywhere that i can see. I am planning on 33's soon, just got to get someone to buy my 31's.
    Desperately trying to get rid of the Scooby stripe and recently ordered lift!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by NVScouter
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Sweet then you can throw bullet hole stickers and stuff on em and drive around saying RAWR!!!!!!!!!

the driveshafts will be fine i ran a sua for over a year with 4 inch springs, to not rub with 33s you will have to run a body lift or cut fenders. i gave mine more than it wanted and eventually broke both driveshafts but it was my falt the stock shafts will hold up to a good deal of off roading. espeacially if you'r open front and rear i was welded. eventually you can take your driveshaft to a shop and they can lenghten them for about 150
    ---LESS WEIGHT= LESS BROKEN PARTS---