Thread: distributor

Default distributor

I have a 1977 IH scout buggy, which distributor would be the best application. points or magnetic?

Quote Originally Posted by cutdog View Post
    I have a 1977 IH scout buggy, which distributor would be the best application. points or magnetic?
    Magnetic. The stock application was a Holley gold box with a magnetic pickup. The 78-80 electronic will drop right in. The electronic module for the Holley distributor is available as well, but it's a bit pricey.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

what is the difference between the magnetic pick up and 78-80 electronic module holley? I have the dist. with points what would i have to modify if I did the swap to a magnetic or electronic?
    Thanks for the advise.

Quote Originally Posted by cutdog View Post
    what is the difference between the magnetic pick up and 78-80 electronic module holley? I have the dist. with points what would i have to modify if I did the swap to a magnetic or electronic?
    Thanks for the advise.
    If you get the numbers off of the distributor, any of the light line vendors can sell you the proper module to swap in to a points distributor. (The 75 and later used electronic distributors, so a points setup is not stock). The modules should just bolt right in.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak