Thread: Wiper Madness

Default Wiper Madness

OK, So I lied I got more questions with my 67 scout. It has the vacum wipers and of course they don't work. The passenger side goes up about half way and the drivers side just acts as if it wants to move. Now I undid the dash to check the lines and they all look good. The main line is hooked up to the intake. however there sounds like there maybe a leak in the switch. How can I trouble shot this? I live in Washington state so windshield wipers are a must! Please somebody help me!

Thanks
    Julio C. Ortiz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

do you have a diagram on how the tubes are arranged. Im having problems also. My main line goes to one of the outlets on the fuel pump.

I v'e got a similar problem with My 67, I'm in the process of engineering an electric replacement but in the California high desert it keeps going to the back burner. Given the space constraints of the 800 dash it will probably end up being a lucas unit out of a british car. If You like going uphill in the rain hang in there, I'm working on it!

I had my main vacuum line that routes to the wipers hooked to the wrong outlet on the fuel pump. One I made sure that the lines in the dash were routed right and switched to the right outlet on the fuel pump they began working. One outlet is for the side of the intake manifold and one goes to your wipers. A link for the diagram for routing the tubes are on one of my earlier post