Thread: New guy with a few questions

Default New guy with a few questions

Hi all,

First off, great site! I am new to the site and looking to learn more about the Scout before purchasing one. I do know that I want a 60ís model, but not sure which one would suit me best and im hoping to get some input. Also I am not new to wheeling or 4x4ís, but most of my trucks have been newer. Iíve always liked the scout and wanted to build one and now I have to space to do so.

This rig will be most for heavy wheeling, but also would be nice to cruise around with the wife on Sundays so-to-speak. My goal is to buy an old Scout that needs work. I would like if the finished product would be sitting on 37ís with a link/ coil-over set-up. Would still be happy to keep it sprung, but hey we all have dreams lol.

Qís:

How hard is it to swap to a centered differential rear axle? And are 1 tons (F/B) over kill for this rig? Could I get away with D44ís?

Has anyone done a 4BT, or LS motor swap? If so which produces the best results?

For the 60ís model Scout, is an axle over the only means for lifting the rig?

If anyoneís Scout resembles what im looking to accomplish could you please post pictures? Iíll have more question as time goes on, but this is good for now.

Thank you in advance and sorry for the long winded first post. Look forward to chatting with you all,

David

-Ironman,

---You received answers on your other post.

---If the double post was an accident, cool. If intentional, so you could gain attention, it is against any* forum etiquette to do so and will only gain you the wrong type of attention.

---Welcome to the board, search function is everyone's best friend (just leave out heavily used keywords like "Scout" so the server doesn't give you a memory error) and you can also search the Binderbulletin's somewhat sister site BinderPlanet.com for ancient history and new posts regarding your question(s) prior to posting.

-Admin,

---Please delete this double post after Ironman has had time to read my suggestions ... or maybe you have the power to combine so deletion won't be postponed? Would be nice if it didn't get a chance to wake sleeping giants who might gripe about double posting or bumping threads.
    Last edited by Thomas; 10-27-2009 at 08:55 PM.
    ---Thank you,
    -T.R.E.Jr. (Fortiter Et Recte & Soyez Sage)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    =StoneThrower
    53 Farmall H=Heinz
    49 Plymouth Spcl. Dlx. 4-Door Sedan=Papapalooza
    49 IH fridge=unnamed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    =unnamed

=unnamed

Yes it was an accident. When I posted up the first time I did not see the note stating my post had to be viewed by a moderator/ admin first, so sorry about that. Thanks for your reply