Thread: Cylinder Head Pocket : Erson Valve Springs

Default Cylinder Head Pocket : Erson Valve Springs

-Guid Day binder-ers.

---The Erson 915011s Valve Springs are 1.465" in Diameter, which is .065" wider than the stock replacement vs693s. AFAIK, all our gassers used the same Valve Springs (EX & IN alike), but would anyone happen to know off-hand what the diameter is of the CHP for the 152/304 head?

OR

---Does the CHP need to be machined to fit the Erson 915011s (for those who have installed them before)?

---I'm considering swapping out my vs693s for some Erson 915011s that a bud will let me pretend to sneak off with, but don't have a caliper to shoot a measurement off my old set of heads. I can't dig my old set out or pull StoneThrower's covers for another week to even have a look-see... if there is adequate clearance with the vs693 on either of them. By then I'm certain someone else would have bought them.

---I want to install fresh Cam Bearings and figuring, swap Valve Springs, replace Collets/Locks and Retainers, (new Valves, Guides & whatever considered if needed) w/a stock profile cam for now, then the Schnieder bone will be thrown in a little* further down the line.

edit:
    ---What Oil Seals to use with the 915011s? Will the usual ST2004s fit inside the inner spring or will I have to go with the ST2001s for the Ferds?

---Preemptive thank you(s)...
    Last edited by Thomas; 10-27-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Fergot sumpin'
    ---Thank you,
    -T.R.E.Jr. (Fortiter Et Recte & Soyez Sage)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    =StoneThrower
    53 Farmall H=Heinz
    49 Plymouth Spcl. Dlx. 4-Door Sedan=Papapalooza
    49 IH fridge=unnamed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    =unnamed

=unnamed

---Forget it.
    ---Thank you,
    -T.R.E.Jr. (Fortiter Et Recte & Soyez Sage)

=StoneThrower
    53 Farmall H=Heinz
    49 Plymouth Spcl. Dlx. 4-Door Sedan=Papapalooza
    49 IH fridge=unnamed

=unnamed

=unnamed