Thread: Triangle Lift Kit

Default Triangle Lift Kit

I am starting to mod my Scout II and a lift is the first thing I am going to do. I have already decided on the Trianlge 4" Lift. The question is: do I need new shocks or will my Ranchos work with the lift?

Is "Triangle" the brand of lift or is it a type of lift?

When I purchase the lift i will ask plenty of questions on what more I will need to do. I appreciate your input, fellas.

Default triangle lift...

I just installed a 4" triangle spring lift on my 1980 scout. Definitely need longer shocks, shackles and brake lines. A drop pitman arm is also needed. Having some problems with the front driveline angle as well. Good luck!

Not the quality that you are looking at, but I installed a Rough Country 4" lift. The stock shocks were way off. It was amazing on how much they limited articulation.

New shocks installed, new hardware and bushings everywhere. The rear had shims to reduce pinion angle on the rear axle.

I have extended shackles and the front has some bump steer, mainly due to castor changes. However, the Scout still handled better after the changes, course after 30 years the rubber bushings were gone. And I am sure the rag joint and the ball joints are lose to fatigued as well.
    Last edited by Jesse Ray; 03-28-2009 at 02:39 PM.
    Desperately trying to get rid of the Scooby stripe and recently ordered lift!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by NVScouter
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Sweet then you can throw bullet hole stickers and stuff on em and drive around saying RAWR!!!!!!!!!