Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Travellall engine

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default Travellall engine

    My sweet 68 needs a engine! If you have one or know of someone that has one please let me know!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Where are you located? How big of an engine are you looking for? We need this kind of info so we know how to help.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I am in Oregon and looking for a 304

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South of Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Have you tried travelallparts.com or scoutparts.com? They are in washington, but if they don't have anything they might be able to help you find something.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by travelall68 View Post
    I am in Oregon and looking for a 304
    Where in Oregon? There are probably SV series engines near you that you can get. I have a project down near Ontario along I-84, and I live up near the WA border north of that.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Helens OR
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I have 2 266's in my garage and one 304 coming tomorrow along with my new 392. If your interested in the 304 let me know I dont know the condition yet. I live in St. Helens Oregon 30 min. away from downtown portland.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manerd View Post
    I have 2 266's in my garage and one 304 coming tomorrow along with my new 392. If your interested in the 304 let me know I dont know the condition yet. I live in St. Helens Oregon 30 min. away from downtown portland.
    Definitely interested in a runner. Already got a few to rebuild, but I need to do an engine swap. I need to find a place near Ontario/Payette to keep the truck while the swap is being done, probably 2 to 3 weekends. Got tools, got time... just don't have a place.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Helens OR
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allan E. View Post
    Definitely interested in a runner. Already got a few to rebuild, but I need to do an engine swap. I need to find a place near Ontario/Payette to keep the truck while the swap is being done, probably 2 to 3 weekends. Got tools, got time... just don't have a place.
    I know the 266 I pulled from my scout ran but had a tick coming from one of the hydraulic lifters. The other 266 I bought from another member michaeldimock dont know too much about it other than supposedly it was rebuilt before he got it! The 304 I was told was a runner but cant verify it. The 304 is complete minus an alternator. 266's are mostly complete.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manerd View Post
    I know the 266 I pulled from my scout ran but had a tick coming from one of the hydraulic lifters. The other 266 I bought from another member michaeldimock dont know too much about it other than supposedly it was rebuilt before he got it! The 304 I was told was a runner but cant verify it. The 304 is complete minus an alternator. 266's are mostly complete.
    I really need to find a way to test any engine I get in unknown condition. There isn't a good place to do the work, and I have zero connections in the area, so there isn't any chance of a do-over. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I really need to make sure it runs somehow.

    I should have a bell housing or a transmission I can rig up on a trailer. I guess I'll start putting one together.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Helens OR
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allan E. View Post
    I really need to find a way to test any engine I get in unknown condition. There isn't a good place to do the work, and I have zero connections in the area, so there isn't any chance of a do-over. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I really need to make sure it runs somehow.

    I should have a bell housing or a transmission I can rig up on a trailer. I guess I'll start putting one together.
    which engine were you refering to. The 304 has a T98 attached I'm sure It would not be too hard to drop it in just for testing purposes I've got a engine hoist. I'll give you all three engines for a good 4x4 tf727 if you have an extra one!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •