Thread: Thanks StuSimpson

Default Thanks StuSimpson

Just a quick thanks to Stu, your advice for getting a new slave cylinder from the lift truck site was right on the money. It only cost $23.80, is brand new, and is the exact same part. Everyone else wanted a small fortune, and I couldn't even get a rebuild kit locally.

My question is, how the heck did you find this info out? Just curious. And thanks again for the info.

Dan

---Not sure if he used it, but if you search for Scout 80 clutch cylinder on Google, you find this.
    ---Thank you,
    -T.R.E.Jr. (Fortiter Et Recte & Soyez Sage)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    =StoneThrower
    53 Farmall H=Heinz
    49 Plymouth Spcl. Dlx. 4-Door Sedan=Papapalooza
    49 IH fridge=unnamed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    =unnamed

=unnamed

Thomas,
    Thats alot of good info. The guys at my local parts places have been giving me the "deer in the headlights" look when tell them 63 scout. This will help, if I can take some parts numbers in with me.

Thanks,
    Dan

Hey your welcome, no sweat. Didn't google it, but if that works for ya all the better. I have been around a long time and everything I know or forgot I learned from someone else who passed it on. No sense somebody paying $125 or $150 for the exact same part. Not going to mention any vendors but I think you know who I mean. They literally buy 20 or so of these slaves and mark them up $100 each. I guess if that is your business model......

What [I]was[I] the name of the site. I think I may need a new clutch Master clylinder. Stil trying to diagnose the problem.
    Thanx!
    1965 Scout 80

4 beers,

try this link to a previous thread and read down the replies.

http://www.binderbulletin.org/showth...slave+cylinder

I used the crown number, the people at the site were great to work with, and I got the cylinder in 2 days (Illinois to Indiana).

Hope this helps ya,
    Dan

Default Got it

Thanks D & B
    I'll order the Crown since it worked fine for you. ...And I agree with Stu...why rebuild an old one when you can have a new one for $20-30 bucks.
    I'd like to replace the rubber coated line just before the Slave too but I'm still sifting thru posts looking for the part # for that .
    Mine doesn't look good (cracked outer coat). I would hate to order and wait for the Slave only to intall it and have that line leak.
    1965 Scout 80

I got a line for mine at a local speed shop, not cheap, 36 bucks but a better price than scoutparts or anywhere else online. None of the local auto parts places could help me on this.

My recollection is that the flex line to the slave was a Jeep part that required an adapter fitting as the threads (or the flare?) were different. It was 7 years ago so my memory fails.....

These days I would do hard line and be done with it, coiling the excess for minor slinky-flex, but if I were doing even a minor degree of offroading I would go the distance and do a rubber line.