Thread: clutch

Default clutch

1965 sc out 80 clutch has no paddel pressure pump clutch get fluid out of bleader on slave cylander but not build pressure to operate clutch

I have the same problem Buck. I gonna wait here with you and hope for a solution. I'm guessing that the Slave is bad. I have prssure at the Master with the line removed. Then I get trickles of fluid, and spurts of air, at the Slave bleeder , but can never get pressure up. The only other thing would be that there is SO MUCH air in the line btwn the Master and Slave that I'm not being patient enough to bleed it all the way through.
    1965 Scout 80

Do you know what fluid should be used ?

DOT3 is the spec. DOT 5 is a better choice, but you have to have ALL of the old fluid out in order to use it.

Search for the Scout 80 clutch threads over the last 2 months. The slave cylinder part number is in those threads, and it's under 25 bucks for the whole thing.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Default slsve cylinder

thanks i found the forklift web site and going to give a try. and i was reading lucas hydrulic oil could work as a fluid ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    thanks i found the forklift web site and going to give a try. and i was reading lucas hydrulic oil could work as a fluid ?
    I wouldn't use it. The system is designed for brake fluid. Brake fluid works perfectly and is dirt cheap.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

I found this on the net,
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...g2.html?cat=27
    I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a good way to get the air out of the line.