Thread: 1964 IH 80 Wiring Harness HELP!!!!

Question 1964 IH 80 Wiring Harness HELP!!!!

WOWZA, my sister bought a 1964 IH 80 Scout. It desperately needed an entore wire harness. Pulled all old wires out, which were all black taped and riged to work, well I installed the harness and as well a new universal turn signal switch with hazard. So get it done, vehicle will not start, all that functions are the front turn signals all of the time as well the turn signal switch stays on all of the time. No front head lights, not tail lights, no ignition.

PLEASE HELP, any informaiton would be appreciated.

Cordially-
    Helm 1964-IH

Quote Originally Posted by Helm_1964-IH View Post
    WOWZA, my sister bought a 1964 IH 80 Scout. It desperately needed an entore wire harness. Pulled all old wires out, which were all black taped and riged to work, well I installed the harness and as well a new universal turn signal switch with hazard. So get it done, vehicle will not start, all that functions are the front turn signals all of the time as well the turn signal switch stays on all of the time. No front head lights, not tail lights, no ignition.

PLEASE HELP, any informaiton would be appreciated.

Cordially-
    Helm 1964-IH
    Ok, thats a little vague but I'll do my best to help you out some.
    What manufacturer did you buy the harness from?
    Did you follow the instructions that came with the kit?
    Do you have any auto electrical experience?
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012