Thread: 800 Shackle

Default 800 Shackle

Need some help here, My 800 came with longer aftermarket lift shackles front and rear... I'd like to fab me a new set but need the original length.... can anyone throw a tape measure on their original shackles and let me know what they're supposed to be? I'd be gratefull.

One more question, I also want to replace the body mount bolts & bushings.... I've located 7 mounting bolts.... aren't there supposed to be 9?

2 at the tailgate, 2 behind the seat, 2 in the floorboard and 1 under the radiator is all I can find.

again, I'd be gratefull for any help,

Al
    Kingman, AZ

I recently replaced my body mounts. There are 4 across the back, you are correct about the other 5. I can throw a tape on my 800 and get some measurements for you for the shackles.

Damien

Great, thank you..... I did find the other 2 mounts..... at the rear like you said.... hidden behind some plastic caps..... I didn't find a thing between the body and frame.... no rubber... no remnants of rubber... nothing... go figure.... I thought after 40 yrs they'd need replaced but jeez.... obliterated? the rubber under the radiator looked almost new though.

If you get the time to measure those for me that'd be great.... I'd like to build me a new set stronger than stock but same dimensions.... my caster is off so bad, if I ever got bucked off, the Scout would circle me.

Still wondering if anyone knows the correct dimensions of the factory 800 shackles.

Thx!

I just measured my front shackles and got 3.8" total length with 2.4" between hole/bolt centers. I believe mine are original length, or very close to it. I did long ago double their thickness and weld grade 8 bolts to one side to beef them up a bit. I assume the width is known; I didn't think to measure that too.

awesome, yes, the width isn't the issue as i'd like to use the aftermarket "beefiness" anyhow..... my plan is to build the length back to oem, use 5/16 stock and figure my new bolt length from there.

thanks for the quick response!