Thread: lift kit for 67 Travelall

Default lift kit for 67 Travelall

I am getting ready to swap out the axles on my 67 Traveall and have decided that while I am under there to change the shocks and install poly bushings. I also want around a 2 inch lift as well. However, I cannot find block kits, taller leaf springs or universal ones that say they will fit.

Anyone know of a safe way to get 2 inches of lift for this? Also, will I have to buy taller shocks? Will longer brake lines be required for such a small lift? If so, where can I obtain these?

Thanks.

they should have everything you need at backcountry binders. i believe they are in bremeraton (forgive the spelling)

Ok. I need to talk to John over there anyway about some parts for my Scout, I will give them a call.

Thanks.

C and D series travelalls and pickups can use the lift kit from a 72-87 suburban or blazer.

The front leaf springs are longer, though, and you have to switch to the 2wd position for the rear spring.

A 6 inch kit gives you 4 inches, a 4 inch gives you 2 inches, etc. because the suburban has a negative arch at rest. If you want a 2 inch lift, get 4 inch springs.

Yes, John can help. I have discussed this with him.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Does this mean that I will have to weld in new spring hangers for the front?

Thanks.

Actually I found a thread somewhere else and it appears this is a direct bolt in minus some very minor issues with the bushings. This appears to be an inexpensive and easy solution. This thing was a service truck at Mt. St. Helen's and the spring are shot. The new suspesion will make it a different truck.

Do the back springs have different 2WD and 4WD positions?