Thread: 76 Scout II Quarter Panels

Default 76 Scout II Quarter Panels

My name is Rich and I am new to this group. My son just bought a '76 Scout II that is good mechanically but needs serious cosmetics. It has a rust hole (baseball size) and dent in the left rear quarter panel. I suggested that we replace the entire panel with a new panel. BUT ... his mechanic buddy told him that the rear is all one big piece and removing one panel would require a torch and lots of labor. He says to patch the hole and pound out the dent.
    Is the quarter panel that difficult to replace?

It's a lot harder than replacing the front fenders, for sure. Not something that can't be done with the determination of getting it done though. But yes, it would take quite a bit of work to do.

Default Body Work

I tend to cut out the bad sections and butt-weld a new piece in. I've done a couple now... some turn out great, others need a little filler. All-in-all, works for me.

Good Luck
    Rob

I agree with Snyder, usually I just use a plasma cutter, cut a nice little square piece out including ALL rust then weld in a new piece from some scrap body parts i have from ones i parted out and put a Little filler over, sand it down, paint it, and usually u cant even tell it was ever done. Angled parts are the hardest haha i had to patch the corner passenger side front, Used a bunch of pieces off a bucket seat mount Lol but it turned out nice (strong at least) you can clearly tell something was patched there tho haha
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.
    -Dana 44 Detroit locker rear.
    -Dana 44 (out of a 75) Rebuilt /w trutrac limited slip frnt

~Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

~T.J.

Default 76 Scout II Quarter Panels

have any websites where i can find some used quarter panels