Thread: Rough Country vs. Skyjacker vs. Triangle lift?

Default Rough Country vs. Skyjacker vs. Triangle lift?

Just looking for some input/opinions on the quality and performance of the Rough Country and Triangle springs. I'm going to do a 4" SUA on a Scout II that will be daily driven 70% percent of the time with some towing, snow/ice driving november through march, about 5-7K in hwy, 5-7K city and wheeling miles a year. I've read that the Skyjacker springs are good and flex well off road but tend to be a little too soft for a loaded vehicle and tend to sag over time. I haven't heard much about the Rough Country performance on or off road. I understand that the current version of the Triangle springs have been through a lot of Scout specific R&D (6 versions over the years) and start out a little stiff but break in after about a year, but can't find any info on how they wheel. They are also a lot more expensive ($1100 springs, u-bolts, bushings compared to the RC full kit for $550 or so) I know Superlift makes springs too, but can't find any performance reviews. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Triangle? whats that?

The Rough Country lifts ride a bit stiffer than the Skyjacker and the Triangle springs are the way to go. I'm currently running the Superlift springs and I want to get rid of the damn things. They don't flex well, ride like I have no shocks in there whatsoever and if I hit a bump on the road, I bounce all over the place. Thats just my .02
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

Rough Country definitely stands up to it's name. The ride on them is rough as hell and you'll feel every dent in the road as you drive over it. Only way to get the slightest improvement in a ride is to throw 400 pounds in the bed to weigh it down a little. It's great stuff off road though; just not built for road driving. I put up with it though because it's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefCakeScout View Post
    Triangle? whats that?
    They the largest manufacturer of springs for passenger cars all the way up to semi's and heavy equipment. They are supposed to be good Scout springs but a little stiff. Triangle worked with members of the Binder community over the years (and six revisions) to make the best over all Scout II springs.

Ive heard that the "softride" kit is the one to own, i think thats a skyjacker