Thread: Modified Seat bases

Default Modified Seat bases

I finally posted some pictures of the bucket seat pedestals after I made the tabs and welded them on. I got the pattern from another Binder Bulletin buddy. I'll take some more pix of the bases when I have time. They are now sandblasted and powder coated.

They fit the seat nicely. Just working out the seatbelt situation and attaching it to the roll bar.

P.S. This mod is for PT Cruiser seats. My seats are from a '99. I had the rear seat recovered, repadded in matching grey.

get some pics of the end product as well im curious how those Pt cruiser seats turned out haha
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.
    -Dana 44 Detroit locker rear.
    -Dana 44 (out of a 75) Rebuilt /w trutrac limited slip frnt

~Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

~T.J.

Here's a pic of what I'm told is a '79 Traveller with seats from a PT Cruiser... looks clean!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I did also replace my old bucket seats on the scout. But I decided to go witha a set of 2nd row Ford windstar capitan cahirs for both passanger and driver seat. both seats they do fold forward and do have arm rest.

here is the link of the pic with the chairs folded:
    http://www.appleautomotive.com/invim...60_320x240.jpg

and here with the seats upright:
    http://images01.olx.com/ui/2/80/49/t_17427149_12.jpeg

I just removed the original base that is holded with 6 bolts, and bolt on the old rails and done. you are left with a pair of 100 foldable leather chairs for your scout.

I will get pics today of the conversion.