Thread: Marker Light?

Default Marker Light?

We were cleaning out a garage at my grandmas house. Found an IH marker light new in a box, but now I don't have the box. I think a brother of mine tossed it.

Numbers on the back are 82322 then 371166-c9

Any ideas what it fits?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like maybe a 68 pickup/travelall w/custom trim package side marker light. Maybe a later 69-75, same light. Side marker lights started appearing on the front fenders in 68.

Check out the one in this current ad, which is for a 68 pickup registered as a 69.

http://www.binderbulletin.org/album....0&pictureid=53
    Last edited by Allan E.; 04-06-2009 at 10:23 PM.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

The few 68's t'all markers I've seen were on the full trim package, made of plastic and not as curved. It hard to tell from the pic but they had the small square bubble type lense like the one shown and , of coarse, an area for the series tag. It's most likely a light duty 68 marker but only on the model stated above.

The true square body 69 and 70 p/u and t'all model lenses are clearly different. They have a much longer, rectangular flat lense ( about the same size as the series tag) and the base has no curved sides.

71-74 are the same as the Scout II. They are smaller with the light and the series tag as two seperate pieces. Nothing like it.
    Last edited by scout; 04-07-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan E. View Post
    Looks like maybe a 68 pickup/travelall w/custom trim package side marker light. Maybe a later 69-75, same light. Side marker lights started appearing on the front fenders in 68.

Check out the one in this current ad, which is for a 68 pickup registered as a 69.

http://www.binderbulletin.org/album....0&pictureid=53
    Sorry, I thought the link to the custom trim pics was a basic model. I never could keep up with the custom/deluxe or any other term they came up with year to year or how it applied to the exterior. Our 63 custom had no ext. trim.

That marker sure looks like something from a 68 light duty but it appears the version in the link shown has the marker with no curves that I'm familiar with.

I know IH has mixed and matched things so I'm still saying it looks like a 68 era peice but I'm begining to wonder if anything like that would apply to a cargostar or a cabover during that period.

I just called my dad. They had a 56 p/u they called the Ute. It was red/white. Same colors as the high school rival that was the Utes. He's always talked about the Ute so we figured it was a light for that. Then I told him you guys were saying it was a 68-69. Come to find out Grandpa had a 68 p/u..

Anyone need this light? It may need to have a new home..

Quote Originally Posted by stimmie78 View Post
    I just called my dad. They had a 56 p/u they called the Ute. It was red/white. Same colors as the high school rival that was the Utes. He's always talked about the Ute so we figured it was a light for that. Then I told him you guys were saying it was a 68-69. Come to find out Grandpa had a 68 p/u..

Anyone need this light? It may need to have a new home..
    You could send it to me. I just bought a 68 travelall this weekend.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Just for reference.
    Here's the difference to a 68's (1000) series marker that's with the full trim package along with a true 69 and 70 model (1100) marker light and then the 71 (1310 ) combination through to 75.
    Last edited by scout; 04-07-2009 at 11:04 PM.