Thread: Scout II Soft Top

Default Scout II Soft Top

I have a 1976 Scout II and I am looking for a soft top. Is Bestop the only company out there who makes a soft top for the Scout? I have heard that the Fastrac STC tops were going to be re released. Any news?

Best top is no longer making them. Sometimes you can find old batches. I am sure someone will be along stating they one new in box for about $1000 which is just way over what they are worth. There is talkes with a company on reproducing them, dont know if it is the fast track style or not. Can just wait and see or watch ebay every now and then and bid on one. But be ready to pay between $500- $800 for used.

Your OD green one with no windows is odd. Never heard of one with no windows before. How do you look out your rear view mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by chesterm View Post
    I have a 1976 Scout II and I am looking for a soft top. Is Bestop the only company out there who makes a soft top for the Scout? I have heard that the Fastrac STC tops were going to be re released. Any news?
    I don't have any idea if anybody still makes them, but I suspect you could get a nice custom top made at any good boat shop. The nice thing about that approach is that it's usually slightly less than a pre-fab and they will custom fit it around your roll cage, incorporating it into the design. I think Kayline used to make them, but I've always been too cheap to buy one like that. It's either top off or top on.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Default soft top

Any chance you still have the kline softop, I would love to hand it over to a boat shop and let them remake it for me.

Thanks,
    Joe

Can't PM, too new.

Default soft top

i got one that i will never use just missing the little hardware items it's black use one year been sitting ever sense make me and offer

Just a note. I was on the hunt for a softop that lasted about two weeks and had lines on them all over the country. Some really good deals and some people taking advantage of the scarcity principle. I posted an add in craigslist that I wanted to buy a soft top and a roll bar. I already had a tentative deal for a K-Line softop in Denver when I recieved an email from a guy selling a K-Line and a roll bar for 500 locally. Moral of the story, when on the search post a want to buy ad. Also, you can often find whole scouts with a softop on them for 1500 bucks, I nearly bought a whole running truck just for the soft top and figured I could make my money back for the parts. I H only North has the bestops in stock.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by john breeze View Post
    i got one that i will never use just missing the little hardware items it's black use one year been sitting ever sense make me and offer
    I know I'm a bit late to the party, but you still have that top by chance? I'm looking for a Kayline in black. If it's in decent shape I'd be interested.

Thanks

Tom

it is a besttop black missing some hardware

Thanks, that was fast.

I kind of had my heart set on a Kayline fasttrack but I may be getting back in a couple months if it's still available.