Thread: 80 Scout with 345 and Carter 4 bbl stalls in gear when warm

Default 80 Scout with 345 and Carter 4 bbl stalls in gear when warm

My 80 Scout stalls when warm and is hard to start again when it is warm. I hat to get it jumped twice when I was out plowing today. It idles great in neutral, but as soon as I drop it in gear it wants to stall - I need to flutter the gas to keep it from stalling. This started as a miss at long lights, and it has gotten progressively worse, to the point where it is unpleasant to use. I really love the vehicle, but I need to get it running properly. Any help would be appreciated.

it sounds like a vacumm leak. or a fuel problem check fuel line pluged fuel filter

I had the exact same problem with mine and i found it to be the electronic module in the distributor was bad and causing it. i replaced the whole dizzy with a dui and the 345 runs like new now

I have a 304 that does the same thing and I was wondering where you got the DUI at.

my scout 80 had the same problem and it was because the resistor was bad along with a lose wire and when i changed to an electrical ignition fixed all the problems with the idle and stalling