Thread: 67 travelall headlight adjustment

Default 67 travelall headlight adjustment

To adjust the headlights on my a '67 Tall there are two screws, one on the bottom or top and one either side with a spring creating tension opposite the screws. My question is if the screws are in the down and passenger side position or in the up and driver side or does it matter?

Thanks.

Default 67 Travelall headlight

Without going outside in the cold, I would say the springs are for the purpose you describe and probably doesn't matter which side is the 'up' or 'down'. Just find a line on a wall (roll up garage door works) turn on the 'high' beams and have at it.
    Bill Bennett 68 Travelall

Thanks Bill.

The reason I ask is because I want to spend the least amount of time possible out in the cold and rain/snow to fix this. The drivers side one definately seems to point outside a bit so I wanted to make sure the PO didn't install it incorrectly.

Default 67 travelall headlight adjustment

Hi. Im hoping someone can provide guidance on adjusting the headlight vertical position on the CX-9. Ive searched the forum and didnt find any info that can help me. My driver side headlight is higher than the passenger and therefore would like to adjust the driver side headlight lower.

Here is a picture of the driver side headlight of my CX-9. Can someone point me where the vertical adjustment is located?

Thanks.

Default 67 headlight adjustment

It looks like you need to use the 'flash' to add visability to the picture!!
    (No picture)
    If you are having a problem adjusting the headlight, remember that after not being moved for many years, the adjusting mechanism is possibly just 'stuck' in its position. It may help you take 'one side' apart so you can see how it works. You will only have to do that one time in order to understand the procedure.
    Bill

The truck didn't have the entire headlight assembly installed, just the buckets and they weren't even screwed in. I understand how the mechanisms work but am looking to see if there is a correct way to orientate the assembly. As opposed to say, one side being bent or something like that.

Here is a picture. The screw adjusters are in circled in white the spring is circled in red. This is actually out of a Scout but works identically to the way it does on my Travelall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It appears the pictured helped me answer my own question. The tab to screw in and secure the ring around probably goes towards the bottom. So one of the screw adjusters for the headlight itself appear to face upward and the other towards the passenger side of the vehicle. My Travelall doesn't have any rings so I didn't notice the tab. It also appears that the drivers side bucket is not installed correctly in the Travelall. It is upside down and might explain why, even when adjusted all the way, the light still points slightly towards the outside of the vehicle.

Wink Kilts_62

Kilts A beautiful lass was noticing a Scotsman in full regalia at a parade. Shy but curious, she approached him and asked, "Is it true, what they say about what Scotsman do not wear beneath their kilts?" The Scotsman replied, "Well, lass, you`ll just have to take a wee peek and discover for yourself." She timidly lifted the hem and peered beneath. Immediately, she dropped it and said, "Aye, `tis gruesome!" To which he replied, "Best look again, lass, I think it`s grew some more!"