Thread: 1:8 Scale RC Trail Scout 800

Default 1:8 Scale RC Trail Scout 800

Hey Binder fans, I'm not sure where I could post this at but I thought maybe some of you would be interested in it.

My name is Ty, I'm 21 and I work for Tekin, INC. We design and manufacture electronic speed controls and motors for radio controlled cars and trucks.

www.teamtekin.com

RC crawling/trailing has become a pretty big group and is constantly expanding. Recently, I decided to build my next scale trail rig, an International Scout 800. It is a 1.9 class truck (1.9" rim size) on solid, locked Tamiya Axles. The chassis is an Axial scale kit, full steel c-channel construction and I used stainless cap screws throughout. Anyways, enough blabbing and on to some pictures!

It's not quite done yet, it's 3-link front and rear, chassis mounted steering servo (soon.) It will soon have a roof rack, 5-light light bar, front and rear rock bumpers with auxilary lights, fully functional mini Warn winch, 9 LED lighting system and more interior detailing.

Just thought I would share, I wish I could build the real thing, this is more in my budget, haha.

Here's a few more of it:

That looks like a fun toy.

How long does a battery charge last?

How much speed and climbing ability does it have?

I'm guessing the frame and axles and motor are standard, and the body is customized to fit?
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

They are a lot of fun and can be as fast or slow as you want them to be! We run on Lithium Polymer batteries, mine runs on a 2S (7.4V) and a 45T brushed motor/Electronic Speed Control combo. They are by no means cheap, I have almost $650 retail into building this thing. You can up the voltage to 11.1V and slap in a 35T motor and really have some good speed, I mainly gear mine to run in that 4WD Low range for the low speed throttle control. But it's a ton of fun putting one together and just as much fun driving them around

You are correct on the bodies, there are tons of different chassis options out there, I tried to pick the most realistic one I could find. There are other axles as well, some look more real than others. There is a huge following for scale RCs, there are competitions all over the place and people really get into the scale details.

www.rccrawler.com is a great site to browse around, specifically the 2.2 and 1.9 scale areas. A friend told me about this website so I could look at some real Scouts and try to detail mine like the real deal, I figured I'd throw up some pictures of it and maybe get some interest out of you guys.

Oh yeah, my battery is a 3400mAh and it lasts about 30-45 minutes on a charge, depending on how you're crawling.

You'll be surprised at the climbing abilities these have, the go up some stuff that would be impossible scaled out to a full size rig.

Did some more work, I need a real one to match this one! LOL

I too am into r/c in addition to mr real full size 77 Scout II. I have several rigs including tamiya clod busters, bruiser project, emaxx rock crawlers,etc -- HOW/WHERE coudl I get hold of scout body in the scale you have shown here????? thnx, JL

Talking Ridiculously cool

That is just plain COOL!!!!!